Saturday, 6 May 2017

NARRATIVE ESSAY SPM CONTINOUS WRITING

Write a story about a father who was engrossed with his bad attitude of gambling but in the end has repented.Begin the story “I did not bother to pursue the discussion anymore......"

I did not bother to pursue the discussion anymore.I knew my big brother,Daniel, was very disturbed.He was so disappointed  with dad's latest development.Dad  has made umpteen promises to Daniel,me and my mum  that he would not touch those gambling cards anymore.Yet he did and continued with his disgusting attitude.He would be engrossed at the gambling table for hours.He did not bother his lunch and sometimes even dinner.His disgusting attitude made our blood boiled.I noticed that mum could not take it anymore.I guessed she has reached her maximum patience.She had been crying over the last two weeks and is still crying now.I  was on the brink of tears when I looked at mum.Mum was very certain that dad would not change after that tragic retirement.
Dad  took an early retirement  as he was involved in an accident.One  of his legs was badly injured and has to be cut.So dad used a stick.He was very much slower.He made a lot of complaints unlike those days when he had his two legs.While on retirement,he befriended an old primary school colleague. They picked up new hobby-fishing.Soon,the group expanded,after a month,they already had eight anglers.
They decided to go fishing  at an island off Besut,about 3 hours  from Besut Jetty.Their mission is  to bring back laden of fish,prawns and crabs.They are  supposed to be back home after 2 days.We are at home doing our usual routines.So the next morning,dad suppose to call us.We should be picking him up at the jetty.The call didn’t come through.I was particularly worried. The cold morning pierced my bones. How I missed dad now? I saw mum rooted to the ground and a haze of fear surrounded her. While  my brother and I sat on the sofa,the  call finally came in. My mum picked up the call.Tears welled up in her eyes and began rolling down her cheeks like rivulets. Panic started to engulf me and my brother. We could not  do anything because we didnt know what actually   happened. I saw my mother listed something on a piece of  paper.Then mum sounded that dad and a few others were hospitalised. After a while, she was busy packing my father belongings like clothes, tooth brushes and towel. Within  minutes everything was ready.Soon my aunt dropped by  and cooked for us.
We were  still speechless and dumbfounded. "What really happened?"Danial  asked with curiousity.My aunty bravely explained the situation.Paralyzed with fear, she could not arrange her words nicely.Then she broke the silence."Your dad was badly injured,beaten by other gamblers while fishing at the island"My aunt dropped the bombshell..She could not  command her legs to walk anymore.Then she added,"I think your dad needed you all  badly".We quickly jumped into Danial’s car and headed to the hospital.
 Weeks passed by,I was at lost for words when dad came back and he was sitting on the wheelchair. His whole body was swollen including his bluish eyes and cheeks.My brother lost for words too. My mum eyes were puffy and red after all the crying. With those signs very clearly shown,I knew that my dad would take probably longer time to recover.
Dad never changed.I felt utterly disappointed. My blood boiled because I thought my dad has changed. Danial didn’t say a word.I guessed he too was extremely disappointed.
Months passed by,dad sounded to us that he wanted to change and this time,he meant what he said.He had a hard time eversince.,He was fighting his ego.Now he tries to be a better husband and father to us. Tears of joy streamed down my cheeks.My mum too.I always thought mum as a superwoman.She deserved all the credits.Her loves towards dad never changed.I wondered whether i could be like mum,so patience,loving and having a strong personality.I wish I possess half of mum’s  characteristics.



No comments:

Post a Comment