Friday, 16 January 2015

NARRATIVE ESSAY:STORY BEGINING..I DID NOT REALSE THAT I AM NOW ALREADY A FREE MAN ..

Story beginning:I did not realize that I am now already a free man and…

I did not realize that I am now already  a free man after years of torment in prison.Never in my mind did l think that -this day would come. When I first stopped  outside the prison gate, I was afraid to face the society that l have been cast from. I summoned all my courage and started to walk away from the penitentiary. I turned my head to see the prison for the last time. It had been a nightmare for me in there. It was an unforgettable experience.

It happened 15 years ago. I was 26 years old then. I had just finished my degree in medicine. I searched for jobs everywhere. Fortunately, I found a job as a surgeon in a private hospital. It was a lucrative job. My career was starting to take off. As a young and handsome doctor, my life was surrounded by women. I never had a long term relationship with anyone of them.One day I was assigned to treat a patient. It was a female  patient. Her name was Trisa. Her legs were broken, She was very, beautiful, a heavenly creature like an angel. She seemed very familiar, but I still could not rernember where I had seen her before. After the operation, I visited her to ask some questions.It was a coincidence that we had studied at the same school. Since that day I always visited her until she was discharged.

We started to going out together. Since I started seeing her, my life had changed. She filled my life with joy. She was the  'love of my life. One day, while we were having dinner, she vomitted and fainted. I admitted her to the hospital. She said to me that she suffered from food poisoning. A few weeks after that, the same thing happened. This time it was at her house.I started feeling anxious.

Then one day, I found bottles of drugs in her cabinet. The drugs were for cancer patients. I asked her and finally she revealed her secret. She had a brain cancer. There was a tumour in her head. It could  not be removed. The,following month she was admitted to the hospital where I worked.By that time, her condition had deteriorated. She was only given morphine to lessen her pain. Only time will tell when she would .leave me. I visited her every day. I spent almost all of my time with her. She was a very strong person. She was ready to face her fate.

Then one day, she was in intense  pain. The doctor could not do anything but give her more morphine. She asked me for an impossible favour_ She wanted me to end her life. She just could not endure the suffering any more. I did not want her to suffer too. But I really love her. I did not know what to do. I agreed to help her leave this world. It was the hardest thing I had to do in my life.With a heavy heart, I raised her morphine dosage. Tears were running down my.cheeks as I saw her eyes slowly close. Then a nurse came into the room and saw what I did. She quickly screamed.There were few medical staffs who came by and arrested me. The doctor came in but she was gone. I watched her lifeless body lying on. the bed.. She seemed as if she was smiling at me. I felt sad but.l was glad that her suffering had ended. That day some part of me died with her.I told the jury the truth.

I was found guilty of involuntary  manslaughter. I was sentenced fo life imprisonment. However, there were still some people who were fighting for my freedom. Time passed by and I had served 15 years in prison. Then one day a guard told me that I was free-to leave the prison.'There were many reporters who wanted to interview me. They wanted my story. It was funny somehow that at first I  was  treated like a criminal that was hated by the society but now I am a hero praised by the society. I remembered what Trisha told me.She said that 'Life is like a box of chocolate. You'll never know what you're going -to  g e t."It looks sweet but you get your  life bitter simply because you want to be nicer to people…. Only the Almighty knows whats in me on next episode.....

Haryati Illyani,
SMK Kubang Bemban.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for another wonferdul article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    cool math games| coolmathgames| cool math| coolmath| cool maths games| cool math games a-z| coolmath games
    b cubed| b-cubed| barbie games| friv 4 school| friv4school| free online games| friv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    slither io | wings io | science kombat | tank trouble 4

    ReplyDelete