Friday, 31 October 2014

NARRATIVE ESSAY


Living in this hustle and bustle city  has taken a toll on me.I suffered a lot. I could afford only a room to rent  possibly  around the corner to a  well-known office so that I could save up more  money.There is nothing better rather going to work on foot. As the maxim says,saving a little money can make it grow so I was determined to look for the smaller room at an affordable price.Initially I was  dumbfounded and felt hopeless to search for a place to stay as I wasn’t confident to look  for a  room which match my specifications. .As I walked through the humongous bulidings,something caught my eyes.I saw an advertisement " Seeking for a house mate.The room is fully furnished with luxurious and well-built stuffs.Interested ? Please call Amy at 09-76891000",I was so relieved.So without a tinge of doubt,I call ed  the owner, "Please Best Man, let me own that room", I pray to the Lord.My heart was palpitating wildly and I could feel the drumbeat.At last I was over the moon.

Since then,I could feel that enthusiasm was taking over me.My new house mate greeted me with a warm hug.I bet she was sweet and a  kind little girl.Time flies and we could hit it off even we just knew for a few weeks as she got the same interest as mine.We mostly spent our time by lounging on the comfortable yet large sofa and  engrossed at my Macbook to catch up with the new episodes of our favourite shows, Keeping up with the Kardashians.As times went on, I started to make my self at home and began to show my true colour.I was born with silver spoon in my mouth and being pampered by both of my parents.For sure,I wasnt asked to do the house chores.even once.

Since then, I always put the dirty cups and dishes scattered all over from the living room right up to the kitchen.Not to mention those unwashed cups and plates in the sink Amy was a clean freak girl and obviously   she is  mad.But still,I  just shrugged and apologized without turning over to a new leaf.She dashed into her room and locked herself up for a few hours.Only then a few hours later I was able to lure her back with the latest episode of our favourite shows.

The things began to be complicated and escalated.The problems were never addressed specifically .So my gut feelings told me that it could not be solve.But,I still clinched to my bad habits which ofcourse threw her wild.Pizza boxes lay open, bunch of papers  were scattered all over and not mentioning the usual things in the sink.Amy was outraged again and again and began to pack up all her things and went over to  her mother's home..I thought it was the best time for me to throw a party without having her at home.

As I was doing the decorations for the party,I walked passed her room and suddenly a pungent smell darted  out from it.I have been wondering what it was and where it came from.She always kept her room locked and it was no way to get in so I decided to use the spare keys.Her room looked clean but the smell was getting worst as I was approaching her bed.My eyes popped out as i found a dead body under her bed.Who would ever thought that a clean freak could be a killer? No wonder,the previous room mate left her things even the toiletries.'She is a killer' I did wonder that she got any sense of humanity? How could she do it.

As soon as I reached my phone to make a call,a strong push came from behind.It was Amy and he hold a big hammer and began to beat me up blow by blow.I was screaming for help and my voice began to disappear.I could feel her hatred with her no-mercy face.Tears began to roll down on my cheecks and I was imploring her to stop torturing me.Everything faded into black.

As i opened my eyes,i was in the large white room.Yes, it was a hospital.I could not make a move and i knew i was paralyzed.Yet, i was blessed that i still alive.I was saved by my caring neighbour that make a emergency call after he heard a fuss from the apartment.Amy was taken to the prison but at last she was diagnosed with a mental problem.She stayed at the common mental hospital.
It was my greatest fear of being untidy.I would never imagine that my life would turn up like this.

TIRA ZAINAL-MAAHAD MUHAMMADI KOTA BHARU 

No comments:

Post a Comment