Friday, 31 October 2014

NARRATIVE ESSAY: I JUST COULD NOT STOP TEARS RUNNING DOWN FROM MY EYES

WRITE A STORY BEGINING:I JUST COULD NOT STOP THE TEARS RUNNING DOWN FROM MY EYES
            
 I just could not stop the tears running down from  my eyes. I could not concentrate  my study. It was just difficult for me to focus on History subject.I saw around that all the faces of my friends were gloomy.So much has happened in just 24 hours. All of us were shocked with the news.
 I recalled when Yusuf was sitting beside me struggling with the English and Mathematics exam. After finished, Yusuf looked so relieved.We went to our usual places hanging out with the gang. He ordered his favourite drink, teh tarik. I noticed that he looked stranged and his behavior was different from before. I asked him, "Why you looked so pale  and little bit under the weather?"He brushed it aside and giving the excuse  as an exam fever.

After having tea-time, we went to Sogo for shopping. We were separated with the other friends. Yusuf asked me to follow him and we entered the sports shop. I was just wondering and started to ask  myself. It is because he never interested with the sport. When we entered, Yusuf dragged my hand to the football section. He chose one of the balls from the shelf and paid for it. I just followed him and observed what he did.

Suddenly, he took a marker pen out from his bag and signed on the football. After that, he gave to me and asked me to keep it carefully.I just wondering and asked him again, "Why you looked so weird today?" . Yusuf smiled and said, "Nothing, but if you missed me, just hug the ball". I was laughing and considered  it as a joke. Late evening, we went home and separated  our ways. Yusuf waved and smiled sweetly to me.

Later that night while I was watching television, I received a call from Yusuf 's mother, Aunty Fatimah. Her voice were chocked. She told me that Yusuf has  been admitted to hospital because of an accident. Then, she paused for a minute and said in a tearful voice, "Yusuf had left us.He  was rammed by a lorry.I was shocked,dumbfounded and speechless.
I called my friends and informed them about what happened to Yusuf. All of them were shocked and did not think that was last time they saw Yusuf. Without tinge of doubt ,we went to the hospital together. When we reached there, we saw Aunty Fatimah looked very sad. I tried to calm  her  and  gave her some spirit that we had to accept the fate.

 The next day, my friends and I helped Aunty Fatimah in the funeral.Then,i went home. I did not know that it was the last time I would see him alive and I now I know that the gift he had given to me was the last present for our friendship. His joke that night were still lingering in my mind.
I shall never forget this day for the rest of my life.

 Nik Raheel Attayyib,Maahad Pengajian Islam (MPI).

No comments:

Post a Comment