Thursday, 17 July 2014

just a thought...from one of the trainee teachers

   I'M GLAD I'M A TEACHER
I would rather be a teacher than a salesman. Though a salesman makes a lot of  money than I do. I would not change places with him.. For he sells washing machine,fountain pens, chairs and other materials but I sell ideas.

I would rather be a teacher than a stenographer, even though a stenographer may have a mahogany desk in the magnificent office of some great chief of industry. For she helps to write letters, but I help write to careers. She touches keys, but I touch lives.

I would rather be a teacher than an architect, satisfactory as the programme of large construction might be. For an architect helps build offices but I help build character.Offices endure like a tree but character endures throughout eternity.

I would rather be a teacher than an artist, fascinating as that subject  might be in its wealth of beauty, colour and symmetry. For an artist paint's pictures on canvas. but I  make impressions on the the tablets of the soul..

I would rather be a teacher than a bookheeper. For he balances accounts, but I help balance lives.

I would rather be a teacher than a great business executive. For he works with facts and figures and lifeless coins, but I work vitth minds that open, and futures that unfold and principles that grow.

I would rather be a teacher than an accomplished musician For musicians play violin on strings and piano strings  but I play on the heart strings.

I would rather be a teacher than an orator. For an orator  stirs an  adult to applaud and admiration  but I stir little children  to right choosing and noble thinking.

I would rather be a teacher than a decorator. For he deals with perspectives harmony and lines in  buildings and in rooms. But I deal with perspective and harmony and line in temples not made by hands.
I would rather be a teacher than a potter. For he shapes  vessels of clay, but I shape destinies

I would rather be a teacher than an interpreter. For he interprets words and ideas, but I interpret motives and purposes and endeavours.

I would rather be a teacher than an archaeologist. For he unearths buried treasures, but I unearth talent.

1 would rather be a teacher than an explorer. For he explores uncharted seas  but I explore uncharted minds, and discover treasure islands and continents of untold possibilities.

I would rather be a teacher than a statesman. For he deals with finished citizens but I deal with future citizens.

I would rather be a teacher than a scientist For though he studies the wonders of the rocks, and the beauty of the stars, and the miracles of the plants, and the glory of the skies, I deal with that which is still more miraculous in the throbbing human hearts, unfolding human lives, and the formation of lifetime characters..

No comments:

Post a Comment